Tricks of the Trade for Good Arrests

Chat, rants and banter from Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office Deputies
Tricks of the Trade

Tricks of the Trade for Good Arrests

Postby Tricks of the Trade » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:43 pm

I was lucky to get a really good FTO when I started almost 15 years ago. He taught me to always keep learning new skills and techniques. It's not always easy to do being in a zone with the same old people so I decided perhaps I would share and maybe you might also.

I have a method for getting people off the street that should not be there. Mouthy drivers, street lawyers, assholes and just anyone else trying to make my job difficult.

Under my floor mat, I keep a small plastic dime baggie with Cocaine in residue. Since it's just residue, if it is ever found during a search of my car like during an inspection, it's easy enough to explain. It must have stuck to my foot while walking through San Castle. Anyways, no one's going to question an empty baggie. The residue is the key because yo7 can fully charge some asshole with possession of cocaine, heroin, or whatever just with the residue. How to get it done? "I asked Mr. DOE for his identification. And he pulled out his wallet, I observed a small plastic baggie fall out of his pocket..." Tou get the idea. easy, right?

Best part is, those baggies can be found lots of places so you can always be ready. Don't forget to wipe the baggie on the persons skin after you arrest them because you want their DNA on the bag if they say you planted it or fight it in court.

This is one of my favorite tools. I don't use it often but when I have to do something to remove someone, this is a good way to do it with minimal effort.
0 x

PEP

Re: Tricks of the Trade for Good Arrests

Postby PEP » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:47 am

HOW WOULD YOU EXPLAIN.....TRAFFIC STOP ARE NOW RECORDED
0 x

D/S Harry Houdini

Postby D/S Harry Houdini » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:53 pm

waste dn. hood drop. out of view.
0 x

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:05 pm

Also, a pat down with a tiny pinch in the right place above the elbow, will immediately make it look like the offender is resisting.

Whenever I haul to the sally port, I take the prisoner and do a pinch just before handing off to the co's.
That way they witness the resist, and beat the crap out of them there.
After cuffing, just a little, but very hard pinch just above the elbow will set them off for he cameras and on lookers.
I really love this job. Good for arrival to the sally port. That's some good shit or case building there.
0 x

Behaviorist, LCSW

Postby Behaviorist, LCSW » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:09 pm

Guest wrote:Also, a pat down with a tiny pinch in the right place above the elbow, will immediately make it look like the offender is resisting.

Whenever I haul to the sally port, I take the prisoner and do a pinch just before handing off to the co's.
After cuffing, just a little, but very hard pinch just above the elbow will set them off for he cameras and on lookers.
I really love this job. Good for arrival to the sally port. That's some good shit or case building there.

Where can we meet for an unofficial 84 ?
0 x

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:31 pm

Guest wrote:Also, a pat down with a tiny pinch in the right place above the elbow, will immediately make it look like the offender is resisting.

You use that trick too? I like doing it in the small of their back. It's really sensitive and you can say they resisted when you were trying to search their waistband. That way when you plant coke on them, it makes them look guilty. Then all you have to do is beat the fuck outta them
0 x

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:39 pm

While the rest of the world tries to do things under the table.
I like to do things under the hood. No tire cams yet. :lol:
0 x

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:42 pm

When I was a kid, I used to do slam dancing at CBGB's.
It was then, that I realized that LE is for me. I get paid to do what I love, and thanked.
0 x

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:45 pm

Back then, along time ago, I was into Punk.

You can still see the scars on my eye brows from all those map pins.
But you can't see the swastika tattooed to my chest. :D
0 x

Francis Coppola

Postby Francis Coppola » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:53 pm

Guest wrote:

You use that trick too? I like doing it in the small of their back. It's really sensitive and you can say they resisted when you were trying to search their waistband. That way when you plant coke on them, it makes them look guilty. Then all you have to do is beat the fuck outta them

At first I used to do the lower back got concealment. But the reaction looked too defensive on camera.
When you do over the elbow, inside under the arm pit, you'll get what I call, "The Swivel Effect", thereby the alleged offender, seemingly re offends it front of others who's names I duly place on the cads.

My shit, smells like roses.
0 x

ESU@NYPD

Postby ESU@NYPD » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:45 am

ESU@NYPD.PNG
ESU@NYPD.PNG (48.03 KiB) Viewed 206 times

Back in the 80's I graduated from John Jay and got on with transit working up in The Bronx.
We were always running into hard core bad asses. Back then, they still had food stamps.
Arrests meant paperwork, and I only took time out for paperwork during felony arrests.
But to make up for the lack of paperwork for the city, I'd give them back the food stamps in a thousand pieces.

Because of the great arrests made by cherry picking details, I was able to do UC on The #5 between 149th., to Dyer Av.
That where the first subway cars were placed all shiny and new, and I was on an anti-graffiti detail uc.
Here I was up in the Bronx on a brand new shinny subway train, and myself and squad, and 2 other shifts, were determined to keep the train unmarked.

How to :

1. First when catching a graffiti violator, first spray paint the sneakers.
2. Then his shirt and paints.
3. Have your back up hold his mouth open and spray the remainder in their mouth.

Back then, the method was tried and true.
The #5 was the first subway train not to get tagged for the 7 months on that detail.
Back then we didn't just kill people. We messed with them, but we never killed them without a really good reason.
0 x

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:03 am

I first observed plate readers on a private vehicle while sitting in D1 main parking lot while I was waiting for meeting.
I watched a crappy early 90's Toyota travel up and down each parking aisle then leave. About two weeks later, I saw the same car driving through a movie theater lot. I guessed that somehow, private companies were paying for data on whom may be visiting their facilities. I don't really know where the data winds up...but...

Has anyone observed the same? What's going on?

There is also a lexis/nexis type pay site (for insurance and PI's) that you can input a vehicle plate and "track" it. I know for a fact that it is pretty damn accurate. I input my plate a few weeks after I had driven to Wellington and back and sure as shit, there were photos of my vehicle, plate and GPS mapable locations listed. I dont know exactly how they get that data, but it is out there for those willing to pay. Huh. That's odd.
0 x

Behaviorist, LCSW

Postby Behaviorist, LCSW » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:12 am

It may have been some form of technological prostitution for the financial benefit of the unscrupulous.
0 x

MeMyselfnI

Postby MeMyselfnI » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:58 pm

Need to FL run plates using private sector , request the info using the same platforms, but in an more obscure FL county.
Just sayin.
0 x

Return to “Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office - PBSO”