Who Drives A WPBPD Take Home Car To Stuart?

West Palm Beach and West Palm Police
Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Wed May 25, 2011 2:24 pm

I see this car all over the place and can't believe that this agency allows this guy to commute on city gas from WPB to Stuart? And they need ways to save money? How about putting an end to that waste for starters? I have seen this car twice now in one week speeding in and out of traffic both times north on US1 to a residential development in South Stewart but have not been able to get the car number yet as I would have to speed more than this clown to get it, can anyone advise?
0 x

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Fri May 27, 2011 10:24 am

Whoever wants to bitch. It is in the policy. You are just pissed off you have to pay for your gas and mine. Know what I say to that? Go fug yaself! Here is the policy that says we are allowed to do that:
http://www.wpbpolice.org/policies/downloads/-I-18TAKEHOMEVEHICLEPOLICY.pdf

Thanks what I thought skank. now go find another place to cry. By the way thanks for the gas. ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!
0 x

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Fri May 27, 2011 3:00 pm

This is the exact kind of arrogance and waste that this county and city commissions should never tolerate.
0 x

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Fri May 27, 2011 4:21 pm

the simple fact is that if you dont pay my check, bennies and my gas and my car, the gang bangers will take over the city and kill you. then when your wife is getting it dunbar style, you will wish you wernt so cheap.
0 x

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Fri May 27, 2011 5:21 pm

So your trying to convince us that you need a take home car at your out of county residence to solve these crimes? Thats a tough sell bro. I wonder what your arrests success rate is? Your doing a great job with the gang bangers anyway LOL! Maybe in your own mind?[quote="Anonymous"]the simple fact is that if you dont pay my check, bennies and my gas and my car, the gang bangers will take over the city and kill you. then when your wife is getting it dunbar style, you will wish you wernt so cheap.[/quote]
0 x

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Fri May 27, 2011 6:45 pm

HES NOT TRYING TO CONVINCE YOU IF ANYTHING. HES TELLING YOU WE EITHER GET THIS STUFF OR WE DONT WORK, PLAIN AND SIMPLE. YOU LIBERAL DOUCHES MIGHT BE ABLE TO FIND WANNA BE COPS TO WORK SUNFEST BUT TRY FINDING SECURITY GUARDS THAT WILL CONFRONT A GANG MEMBER. UNTIL THEY DO PAY UP SUCKAS
0 x

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Sat May 28, 2011 9:40 am

[quote="Anonymous"]This is the exact kind of arrogance and waste that this county and city commissions should never tolerate.[/quote]
The system is broken and who is going to fix it? A take home car plus hazard pay and hazard RETIREMENT for executive, COLONEL JOE BRADSHAW, director of legal??? Hazard pay defined as payment for employees exposed to unusual physical hardship or hazardous duty. This bureaucrat works in a temperature-controlled environment, no need for body armor for this Duke of Hazzard. He doesn't answer calls and doesn't back up any deputy. Check out his PBSO bio that says he was admitted to the fla bar in 1987 and served as legal advisor for most of his career. Seriously, wake up Palm Beach County, where are you Palm Beach Post, Sun Sentinel, Ethics folks, county commissioners - - no investigation?????

Hazard pay from the department of defense includes:
$240 for hazardous duty incentive pay, $225 for imminent danger pay/hostile fire pay, $150 to $225 for parachute demolition and other tasks, $240 to $340 for diving pay for officers and enlisted military members. Navy SEAL team that raided Osama Bin Laden's compound earns an average $54,000.....I'll lay a wager that this clown spends more than that on his suits.

If we want to bring down our county's deficit, we need to remove the wasteful spending.
0 x

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Sat May 28, 2011 9:43 am

Fuck them. They don't like paying for gas? Well we don't keeping criminals out of their houses. They shouldn't complain. It's part of the package. If they wNt to save money, tell them to call Delsa and have her hire those will work for food bums. Im sure you can save a ton of money and get great service in return!
0 x

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:46 am

[quote="Anonymous"]Whoever wants to bitch. It is in the policy. You are just pissed off you have to pay for your gas and mine. Know what I say to that? Go fug yaself! Here is the policy that says we are allowed to do that:
http://www.wpbpolice.org/policies/downloads/-I-18TAKEHOMEVEHICLEPOLICY.pdf

Thanks what I thought skank. now go find another place to cry. By the way thanks for the gas. ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!![/quote]

I saw 3 W.P.B. patrol cars parked in driveways on the same street in Hobe Sound this morning!!!
Yes they are in violation.

If you read the info in the above link - it says!!! [b] II. VEHICLE ASSIGNMENT CATEGORIES:
[/b] A. Officers will be assigned either a marked or unmarked vehicle for use according to the responsibilities of theofficer’s position and the needs of the department.

B. Resident Officer Take Home Vehicle is a police vehicle, either marked or unmarked assigned to an officer for

use on-duty and off duty.
1. To be assigned such a vehicle, a full time sworn officer must:
a. [b]Reside within the corporate limits of the City of West Palm Beach[/b].
b. Work in an operational division, section or unit which requires the use of a vehicle for the officer to
perform the required duties of his or her position and the required vehicle is specifically the vehicle
assigned.
2. Any full time sworn police officer who [b]moves within the incorporated city limits of West Palm Beach is[/b]
[b]eligible to participate in the take home vehicle program and will be assigned a take home vehicle within six[/b]
[b]months of the date the officer becomes a resident. [/b]Probationary officers are not allowed to participate until
they have successfully completed probation and achieved permanent civil service status.
3. [b]When a full time sworn police officer who is assigned a take home vehicle ends their residency in the City[/b]
[b]of West Palm Beach, such officer must immediately notify the Police Department of the change and turn in[/b]
[b]the vehicle.[/b]
C. While on their four day work rotation, full time sworn officers assigned to patrol will be allowed to drive their
assigned marked patrol vehicle to their primary residence at the conclusion of their shift with the following
restrictions:
1. [b]The officer must reside within a thirty (30) mile radius of the West Palm Beach Police Department.[/b]
2. The marked police vehicle will be considered “restricted use only” and subject to the rules set forth in this
policy (Section IV, Item B 1 thru 4).
3. [b]Officers personal vehicles will be parked in their assigned parking space.[/b]
4. Officers will ensure their assigned marked patrol vehicle is in their assigned parking space available to
use by the opposite shift rotation at the completion of their four day work cycle. (i.e. if the officer becomes ill
and/or for what ever reason is unable to work it will be their responsibility to have the vehicle returned)
5. Should an officer fail in their responsibility to return their assigned vehicle prior to the start of the opposite
shift rotation the Shift Commander will make arrangements to retrieve said vehicle and return it to the police
station. All actions taken and resources used will be documented within an internal memorandum.
Documentation will be forwarded through the officers chain of command with copies placed within the
officers platoon file and forwarded to the officer in charge of fleet coordination.
0 x

Deputy Dog

Postby Deputy Dog » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:08 pm

I Google Map'ed the department to Hobe Sound and came up with 26.1 miles.
0 x

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:27 am

FYI, fuel charges are deducted from our checks. Guys who live farther away pay more...............
0 x

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:30 am

Thanks for the reply from the two above about the distance. Point taken, thanks.
0 x

Deputy Dog

Postby Deputy Dog » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:19 am

That was me, sorry. I forgot to log in when I posted that. No worries, though. In this economy, we need to be watch dogs and collaborate on issues. You could have just as easily been right on that issue, but I think the leadership at WPB is far better than that at PBSO. I have to say, I really like the policy and the fact the further you live, the more you pay. It is a policy that really makes sense to me and saves the taxpayers more money that giving everyone out of county a take-home car. I think PBSO needs to address this problem.

You have to remember, you WANT your officers to be assigned a car during their times on and I'll tell you why: It's a pain in the ass to put ALL your gear in your trunk at the beginning of every shift and then at the end of every shift when you are tired. As a result, you start to skimp on what you bring, asking, "Do I really need that?." What happens is that you start being so stingy in what you bring that you may just find yourself unprepared on some random call, needing a piece of gear you never thought you would use and is now sitting at home in your garage. It doesn't sound totally professional but it is a reality. You give a guy or gal a car for the four days they are working, and they will jam pack it with everything but the kitchen sink. It works out well.

A long time ago, I bought myself a Sirche master fingerprint kit that was massive. It stayed in the back of my Take Home but when I didn't have a take-home anymore, I said screw it and relied on the fingerprint kit that was assigned to the car. I left a LOT of tools in that kit at home that I could have used to provide service to the victim of a burglary.
edited by DeputyDog on 6/7/2011
0 x

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:06 pm

Take home cars shouldnot leave the incorporated limits of the city of WPB. Why? Because they have no jurisdiction outside those city limits. This should be a must for our Mayor and Commissioners to institutite.
0 x

Return to “West Palm Beach”