Officers Driving in the HOV Lane

West Palm Beach and West Palm Police
Deputy Dog

Postby Deputy Dog » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:59 am

To West Palm Beach Police:

If you have been following this thread on the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office side, you will see people have been making a stink about deputies driving in the HOV lane. Today, I was driving north during the HOV times and observed a West Palm Beach PD car with a single male (in his 30's and bald) driving. He was in the left lane to the RIGHT of the HOV lane with HOV vehicles passing him. I wasn't able to get the car number, but I'd like to commend that gentleman for representing your department well while under the scrutiny of the public eye. Like so many others, he could have easily driven in the HOV lane to get where he was going faster but he didn't, even though he probably had just gotten off his shift and was probably dead-dog tired.
0 x

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:25 am

Marked police units are allowed in HOV lanes with one person in the vehicle. Don't believe me check the Florida Law.
0 x

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:45 am

No they aren't unless they are operating under emergency conditions (Code 3). Since you are writing this, do you have the FSS where you claim you read this? I just looked in the HOV statute and it mentions NOTHING about marked patrol cars. nothing. Don't be giving out bad information that will get a deputy jammed up. That's irresponsible.
0 x

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:02 pm

Marked police care are NOT exempt from the state statutes, unless operating in an emergency status. They are not allowed in the HOV lanes during the restructed times unless responding to an emergency call or conducting a traffic stop. Maybe you should actually read Florida State Statutes before posting false information.
0 x

Re: Officers Driving in the HOV Lane

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:52 pm

Anonymous wrote:Marked police care are NOT exempt from the state statutes, unless operating in an emergency status. They are not allowed in the HOV lanes during the restructed times unless responding to an emergency call or conducting a traffic stop. Maybe you should actually read Florida State Statutes before posting false information.

You are absolutely right. Think when I go home this week I'll drive 65 the whole way from West Palm to Boca in the non hov lane. As the cars build up for miles behind me someone will get ansy and try to pass. Ticket time!! Hope no one is in a hurry. Be careful what you wish for.
0 x

Re: Officers Driving in the HOV Lane

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:14 am

You are absolutely right. Think when I go home this week I'll drive 65 the whole way from West Palm to Boca in the non hov lane. As the cars build up for miles behind me someone will get ansy and try to pass. Ticket time!! Hope no one is in a hurry. Be careful what you wish for.[/quote]

"... and by their acts shall ye know them by name ..."
0 x

Return to “West Palm Beach”