Chief Demasi sees festering shitbags in uniform. He rightfully flees.

West Palm Beach and West Palm Police
Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:32 pm

[color=#0000cc]Chiev Demasi has had it. He sees the unending scumbaggery that takes place in this corrupt shithold of a city and county and has decided he is not going to be a part of it. While he didn't come right out and tell the press as much, you know how highly he things of his own people when he compares a the department to a Mailroom while juxtapositioning his old department as being the CEO. I feel bad Demasi is leaving because I thought he was a great guy. Too bad he wasn't able to get rid of the shitbags in our department. But hey. That is like trying to save a maggot infested steak. PBSO is the same way.

Chief, don't let em get you down. most of my co workers are no more than villians in a uniform and will never be able to tell people they were an honest cop while keeping a straight face.[/color]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Less than a year since he started in his position as the chief of West Palm Beach Police, Vincent Demasi has applied for the chief’s job at his former department in Cincinnati.

“It would be going from a mailperson to CEO of the company,” he said. “It’s a dream job for me. It’s an opportunity to do something that I’ve always wanted to do.”

Demasi was joined by city spokesman Elliot Cohen at a press conference called late this afternoon at police headquarters addressing the application.

The chief said he completed the process today and had not yet told rank-and-file officers, although he did notify Mayor Jeri Muoio and the city manager. He said speaking about the application was “premature” and said didn’t know if he’d even reach the interview stage.

Demasi spent 37 years at the Cincinnati department, starting as a cadet. The department is about three times the size of West Palm Beach. The pay would be around the same amount that he is getting paid today, which is about $140,000. He said he heard about the job opportunity with the International Association of Chiefs of Police sent out a posting.

In addition to wanting to be the chief of the department he’s “grown up in”, Demasi said he also applied for the job to be closer to his family.

He’s away from his 85-year-old father, who is ill, and his children.

“When you get away from them for a while you really miss them,” he said. “And I miss them.”

Still, the decision was a hard one.

“I’m very conflicted about it. I love West Palm Beach,” he said. “I’m very committed to the people of West Palm Beach. We will continue to do the absolute best job we can.”

In June 2012, Demasi, now 56, retired as an assistant police chief in Cincinnati and was hired by Muoio, following a national search. He started in August. He does not have a contract, and is free to leave when he chooses.

When Muoio ran for mayor in 2011, she had cited low morale in the police department as a reason to replace Chief Delsa Bush. Bush resigned in October 2011 after a public spat with the mayor over a police radio system that Bush advocated but Muoio did not support.

Demasi was hired at $140,000 a year, about $14,000 less than Bush was earning. He was the first outsider to run the West Palm Beach department since Billy Riggs was hired from Miami 25 years earlier.

On May 14, Cincinnati chief James E. Craig — chief only since July 2011 — said he was resigning to return to his hometown of Detroit.

Demasi had been a finalist for Cincinnati police chief in 2009 and chief of University of Cincinnati police in 2010.

City spokesman Elliot Cohen said the chief’s application isn’t affecting the city, which continues to function “business as usual.”

“We hope he stays,” Cohen said.
0 x

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:23 am

Chief Demasi is a hypocrite, lowlife no different than some scum bags here, the only difference is that he's an outsider, paper pusher, and both assistant chiefs ( specially Maria Santos Olsen) and the captains hate him. Demasi has done plenty of wrong since he came aboard making his iwn stupid rules, and not understanding how to interpret legal or departamental documents, don't be fooled, this guy is an imbecil. This department is worse than a mail room, but it shows how the Chief himself feels about this place, his words say it all, he should just get the f**k out, instead of drainning this place of money if he doesn't want to be here. Plenty if officers wanted him in, but notice he's all talk and BS. He makes the wrong decisions. After a so called 37 yrs in the PD, it's time to retire and stay that way.
0 x

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:27 am

Demasi did not compare WPPBD to a mailroom. His statement was "It would be going from a mailperson to CEO of the company (another article quotes Demasi as saying "You can imagine starting off as kind of the mailperson and ending up as the CEO.") Those metaphors were referring to his possible appointment as Cincinnati Police Chief. He started out as an 18-year-old cadet and thus becoming Chief would be the equivalent of working one's way up the corporate ladder from the mailroom to the CEO's office. That being said, I agree with you that the corruption of West Palm Beach/Palm Beach County may have influenced his decision to apply for the Cincinnati job.
0 x

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:10 am

Probably left before he got caught with Cognetti as well....
0 x

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:08 pm

Chief Demasi is clue less, and apparent from within the department and those who deal with him. There's corruption every where, how do you think they become Chiefs, it's just not as bad as it is here, this guy came to do nothing but screw up things because he doesn't know what he's doing. He just showed what a useless Chief he is by running scared from the WPPD, and not solved anything but cause some additional new headaches and make poor decisions, THANKS A LOT CHIEF, one thing is a fact by your actions, and that is that you don't want to be here, you can't argue that or prove otherwise.
0 x

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:53 pm

What Demasi said or how he said it doesn't matter, actions speak louder than words, and has shown he doesn't want to be in the W. Palm Bch PD, bottom line.
0 x

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:12 pm

Just heard that ex chief Matt Immler is considering putting in for WPB, states it seems right for the pickings.
0 x

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:27 pm

Atop whining already! You bitched when he got hired, you bitched when he tried to implement changes and now you're bitching because he realized what a bunch of cowardly whiners worked for him. I don't blame him one bit. Good luck in your next venture Chief.
0 x

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:01 pm

I'll like to see what this fatty's run time is and some big mouth that thinks he runs the show tell him to shape up like they run their mouths in line up every time. One less person to kiss ass for a promotion boys.
0 x

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:05 pm

I think Col Jim Stormes from PBSO would be a good selection for Chief.
0 x

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:15 am

[quote="Anonymous"]Just heard that ex chief Matt Immler is considering putting in for WPB, states it seems right for the pickings.[/quote]

One dick head Immler is enough for this department don't you think !
0 x

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:49 am

Chief Dumb Ass He might just appoint one of his Cincinnati friends down here, since he has everything figured out already. So forget all the talk about nobody's becoming chiefs in this department. As useless as Dumb Ass He is, we have been Chiefless since No Brain Bush Walked Out in a Hissy Fit, this Moron is about to do the same, and leave us stuck with the other idiots that have been in this department and don't have a clue on what to do. Face it, this place has gone to shht long time ago, I have seen the changes and they are the worst even if you can't immagine it, it seems to happen over and over. I miss the days Of real police work, real supervisors, and real officers in charge of the department.
0 x

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:54 pm

Buddy, "For get about it" the good old days are over. Put up shut up and retire its the only choice. Lol.
0 x

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:44 am

This is great for West Nam. This guy never fit in. He's a sloppy, slovenly boy with an anxiety problem and a low IQ. He didn't tackle anything of substance. Just low hanging fruit, such as officers parking illegally at a call. Total joke.
0 x

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:32 pm

This guy is the second dumbest Chief -Delsa Bush is the First- and the biggest wussy this department has had as a Chief, this poor excuse for a leader hasn't learned a thing in the so called 37 years as a cop experience. Wannabe from the beginning and Wannabe to the end. He's a big baby, that has to be supervised himself. Good thing he's getting out because that's less trash to keep around.
0 x

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:44 am

Sorry to tell you this guys, but this fat bastard isn't going anywhere.
0 x

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:49 pm

Check out the wonderful Cincinnati PD and the idiocracy of Chief Vincent Demasi as he was the Assistant Chief there.
http://www.citybeat.com/cincinnati/article-17763-bad_apples_and_bad_attitudes_at_cpd.html
0 x

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:25 pm

This guy is an idiot, how did he become chief?
0 x

Return to “West Palm Beach”