Great radios - but poor coverage

Talk about Palm Beach Gardens Police and Government
Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Mon May 30, 2011 2:05 am

Its about time the bad radio coverage in the Gables is leaked out. How many calls and emails were sent to tell the brass that there was serious safety/communication issues there? Now we're in the Post with that great tape. Is it going to get fixed now? At least none of us got hurt yet. Hopefully they fix the poor coverage on Donald Ross while their at it - as we have been telling them about it for the same amount of time. Or is it going to take another embarrassment or someone to get hurt for them to realize they need to do something.
0 x

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Mon May 30, 2011 3:59 am

It's all about the money, baby! Even now that the tape was leaked they're gonna say how it was an anomaly. The tax payees aren't gonna care cause no one wants to spent the huge dollars to fix this mess. The chief while a good man should take full responsibility for the pile of S@#T we ate forced to use. Hasn't anyone ever heard of research? I mean come on. These junk ass radios were failing tests all around the country before we got em. A coffee break and 10 minutes with google could have told them that!
0 x

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Tue May 31, 2011 2:28 am

[quote="Anonymous"]It's all about the money, baby! Even now that the tape was leaked they're gonna say how it was an anomaly. The tax payees aren't gonna care cause no one wants to spent the huge dollars to fix this mess. The chief while a good man should take full responsibility for the pile of S@#T we ate forced to use. Hasn't anyone ever heard of research? I mean come on. These junk ass radios were failing tests all around the country before we got em. A coffee break and 10 minutes with google could have told them that![/quote]

[color=rgb(255, 0, 0)]There is no way they can say this is an anomaly. The radios have been bad at that location since the system went online. There's no doubt that the Chief will make it work just hopefully sooner than later before someone gets hurt. This radio system is important to him for his future plans and I can see a certain colonel leaving sooner that he wanted if it doesn't get it up to speed. [/color]
0 x

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:31 pm

These agencies got sold a big expensive bag of **** with this OpenSky Radio system and now there all running for cover and if WPB doesn't buy into this literally, PBG , Jupiter and Juno can have fun paying for it!
0 x

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:13 pm

Any place else that doesn't work?? Is the audio as crappy sounding as it is in the recording in the other areas of the city?
0 x

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:33 pm

69% do not depend on it...amazing!

http://www.pbcgov.org/oig/pdf/reports/2013-A-0001_OpenSky_Final_Report.pdf
0 x

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:33 am

This survey was completed last year and things have greatly improved since. Are they going to re-survey?
0 x

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:10 pm

Try again....the studdering is still there and this system is still an officer safety issue!
0 x

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:00 am

Still better than the old system.
0 x

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:54 pm

Depends on who you talk to. At least with the Motorola radios the officers had access to 3 seperate systems. The small convetional city system, the West Palm system, and the County system were all programmed into the Motorola radios. Now that the move is complete there is no fall back to anything that provides reasonable coverage. The state channels suck and there is nothing else.
0 x

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:49 am

I'm so glad we jumped on the bandwagon with Gardens. These radios are garbage, being forced to carry a cellphone out of the car just to guarantee communication is just plain garbage. The answer from admin? Oh we are installing another tower eventually... Love the Ossi computer software, but give me a Radio Shack portable and I'm sure, sadly, it would work better
0 x

Return to “Palm Beach Gardens”