Palm Tran

This is for all other areas of the Palm Beach County Government that aren't listed here.
Anonymous

Palm Tran

Postby Anonymous » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:41 pm

Palm Tran has a budget of 30 million dollars, and purchased $20 million in new equipment in 2010 & 2011. The director of Palm Tran Chuck (the worthless) Cohen make 135,000 a year and got a raise from 2009 to 2010, a very small raise, but still a raise, as he froze his bus drivers wages for 3 years. Entry level pay for a bus driver is $13.67 per hr. His henchmen & cronies aka BJ, Dirty Harry & ALL the worthless safety officer write bus drivers up for every little minor safety violation they can dream up. No lunch breaks for drivers, no bathroom breaks for driver, female bus driver have no time to "Freshen Up" unrealistic time points for drivers to speed to stay on time, as this was uncovered by a chan 5 undercover special report. Just wait Chuck Cohen your time is coming....in court.
0 x

Anonymous

Palm Tran

Postby Anonymous » Sat May 05, 2012 8:01 am

[quote="Anonymous"]Palm Tran has a budget of 30 million dollars, and purchased $20 million in new equipment in 2010 & 2011. The director of Palm Tran Chuck (the worthless) Cohen make 135,000 a year and got a raise from 2009 to 2010, a very small raise, but still a raise, as he froze his bus drivers wages for 3 years. Entry level pay for a bus driver is $13.67 per hr. His henchmen & cronies aka BJ, Dirty Harry & ALL the worthless safety officer write bus drivers up for every little minor safety violation they can dream up. No lunch breaks for drivers, no bathroom breaks for driver, female bus driver have no time to "Freshen Up" unrealistic time points for drivers to speed to stay on time, as this was uncovered by a chan 5 undercover special report. Just wait Chuck Cohen your time is coming....in court.[/quote]

There is also a recent disaster that just hit the press with regards to their retirement system that is only 60% funded. Why they aren't in FRS is beyond me. Aren't they County/govt. employees?
0 x

Anonymous

Palm Tran

Postby Anonymous » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:07 pm

It is time to come into the 21st century regarding transportation. Palm Beach County, Broward County and Miami-Dade County need to merge transportation services into a tri-county regional service. This could easily be done by turning everything over to the same board that oversees the TriRail trains. This three county transportation service would run more efficiently, and eliminate duplication of services.
0 x

Anonymous

Palm Tran

Postby Anonymous » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:27 pm

I am disabled and need this service, but cannot use it!
I have ridden three times with this "service", and it was a nightmare. On the three trips, I had a different driver each time and all three were horrendous drivers. I have a broken back, and you can't imagine the pain caused by their sudden stops and starts, and jerky turns. I am resigned to the fact that it is a given I must wait an hour or two ( once) for pickup, and I'll not complain, but when I got on the bus and come to find out the delay was caused by a side-trip to pick up the driver's friend...

The worst is this: All 3 drivers wanted to know what pain meds I get! Each time a driver saw I was in pain, they'd try to strike up a casual conversation, the purpose being to find out if I might have something they obviously want.

I have made calls to report this, but never heard back from the direction, and doubt anything came from my reports.

Just imagine! I am widowed, living alone, disabled, and getting brought straight to my front door with someone who apparently would like to rob me!

For the moment, I still have other means of transport, but I fear soon I may have to ride with Palm Tram Connection again. I scares me to death!
0 x

Anonymous

Palm Tran

Postby Anonymous » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:56 pm

I'm not being sarcastic here- you are probably short on cash, etc but maybe look into living outside of PBC. I know, I know, you say "where" ?

It seems some places in central Florida are more friendly to folks in your situation, and it is more spread out in some areas there. Is a place like The Villages too expensive? I have no idea. Even though those folks may be aggravating to outsiders, I will say they really take care of each other there.
0 x

Anonymous

Palm Tran

Postby Anonymous » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:56 pm

[quote="Anonymous"]Palm Tran has a budget of 30 million dollars, and purchased $20 million in new equipment in 2010 & 2011. The director of Palm Tran Chuck (the worthless) Cohen make 135,000 a year and got a raise from 2009 to 2010, a very small raise, but still a raise, as he froze his bus drivers wages for 3 years. Entry level pay for a bus driver is $13.67 per hr. His henchmen & cronies aka BJ, Dirty Harry & ALL the worthless safety officer write bus drivers up for every little minor safety violation they can dream up. No lunch breaks for drivers, no bathroom breaks for driver, female bus driver have no time to "Freshen Up" unrealistic time points for drivers to speed to stay on time, as this was uncovered by a chan 5 undercover special report. Just wait Chuck Cohen your time is coming....in court.[/quote]
0 x

PissOffRider

Re: Palm Tran

Postby PissOffRider » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:55 pm

Chuck Cohen gets demoted 3 positions but gets to keep his $144,000 a year salary? WTF....he should be terminated...Shannon LaRoucqe comes in and cleans house at Palm Tran and then the County Comm. give Bob Weismans job to Verdinna Baker. Shannon LaRoucqe can try all she wants to but us bus driver are still rolling in the doe making $90,000 a year as a bus driver with a awsome 2.5% retirment multiplier, take that!
0 x

Return to “Palm Beach County Government”