Single voter districts for Commissioners

This is for all other areas of the Palm Beach County Government that aren't listed here.
Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:16 pm

Many years ago, our County Commissioners placed on the ballot, which voters approved, that allowed for single voter districts for County Commissioners. This farce was suppose to allow voters more voice in the elections of the specific County Commissioners that served them. I say farce because all seven County Commissioners vote for everything; however, we voters only control one County Commissioner with our vote. We should have the say on all seven.

Recent evidence of this was when the County Commissioners voted to allow a big box store out on Southern Boulevard in the Acreage. There excuse was that it was on Southern Boulevard, which is a mojor thoroughfare. Obviously someof the County Commissioners have not driven out there lately. Yes it is a major road, but this area is rural and a big box store is not necessary or needed in this area. This is just one of many examples I can give.

In essence, all the voters of our county should have say on who is in office. We should not be restricted to just being allowed to vote for one County Commissioner. Since all seven are responsible, and will be voting, for everything in the county, we the voters should be responsible for all seven being elected to office.
0 x

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:37 pm

I said at the time dont vote for single voter districts.
0 x

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:30 am

Neither did I, but the things we need to do is get this repealed and straighrened out.
0 x

Return to “Palm Beach County Government”