Metropolitian Police Dept vs elected Sheriff

This is for all other areas of the Palm Beach County Government that aren't listed here.
Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:52 pm

With the county budget stretched to the maximun, and the elected Sheriff refusing to cooperate, it is time our county charter was changed. Abolish the elected Sheriff position. Establish a Metropolitian Police Department with an appointed Director. Establish a County Department of Corrections with an appointed Director (seperate and distinct from each other). This way those positions would be accountable to the tax payers. Right now the elected Sheriff is responsible to no one.

As the saying goes, "Power corrupts, but absolute power corrupts absolutely."
0 x

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:19 pm

Go pound sand idiot.
0 x

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:54 pm

Great idea. Lets keep this concept going forward. I will spend my days off collecting signatures or whatever else we need to do, to change the county charter. I'm sure the police chiefs and the county comission will support it. Lets get a coalition together started, maybe with the help of " COP Radio " and Rick Sessa. We have 4 years to acccomplish the mission. The taxpayers and employees will benefit. The tax payers wil save $ by cutting wasteful jobs and the employees won't have to choose sides every 4 years. Keep this topic alive. Together we CAN do it.
0 x

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:12 pm

We need this bad. It is a shame this agency has to endure the most corrupt and untruthful Sheriff and his inept and corrupt companion, Mikey G.
0 x

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:14 pm

I'm also willing to get involved. FOG won't like it, but look at the results. A Director with NO campaign obligations, just sound decision making. Defininitely count me in.
0 x

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:23 pm

Count me in, good idea. I will help.
0 x

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:46 am

Look at th campaign contributors, then look at the sheriff's paid contracts. That would stop. We could even get rid of the so called paid lobbists. The taxpayers would truly benefit. County comission we need your help. Private citizens we need your support, we know you read this site. Are there an attorneys out here that want to help ?
0 x

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:06 am

I have contacted Dade County and they were very obliging. An attorney is sending me al related material regarding changing a county charter. They enjoy this from of Miami Dade PD with a director.
0 x

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:37 am

http://www.change.org/petitions/florida-governor-florida-attny-general-pbc-sa-pbc-commissioners-fbi-remove-sheriff-ric-bradshaw-from-office
0 x

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:52 am

U idiots couldn't charter a boat if you were the captain of 1 LMFAO!
0 x

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:28 pm

He comes the usual negative banter from the FOGs. They are really afraid of this because they won't be able to function in a real police agency.
0 x

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:32 pm

This Metro concept with a Director is gaining a head of steam. I was asked about it by an attorney that the court house today. According to him there are many attorneys out there who would be interested to help. Apparently they are tired of the small circle of attorneys who get the sheriffs work. Again check campaign contributors list.
0 x

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:04 am

hey went to the petition but it says closed. i wanted to sign it to get rid of the corrupt pieces of s**t running pbso
0 x

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:47 pm

Excellent idea!!!
0 x

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:35 pm

It would not surprise me if there are some games going on with the chtearrs. It is sadly the nature of any business in NJ government. I would surmise that it is less than the education cartel but would never be naive enough not to believe there isn't some.But unlike some of the critics who essentially just focus on some dislike of Christie or who like to find fault in a sunny day, or for that matter just enjoy the sound of their own whining, perhaps someone will get the opinions of those parents and students who currently are in charter schools?We have a lot of Doctors discussing the status of the patient and no one is asking the patient directly.Is the purpose of the education system to educate or is it mostly just a business opportunity and a way to spread tax money onto special interests and cronies? Is somewhere in all the rants and complaining some attention being given to the childen ? Most of what I read here is about personal issues and bias and not much that every seems to consider the real victims. People have their own agendas and no matter what the issue they seem mostly concerned about getting in their own digs or attacks and less so about solving a problem or helping people. Once again, no wonder we live in the sad state of affairs that we do.
0 x

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:41 pm

????, how did we get from PBC to the state of NJ??????
0 x

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:33 pm

Really so y'all want to be at the mercy of the county commissioners.. remember if PBSO went metro you wouldn't have one boss that you good get rid of after four years but one guy who has to bend his back to the county commissioners. Furthermore, they will approve our contracts not the Sheriff. The citizens of Dade hate not having an elected sheriff and the County Commissioners made them take pay cuts... be careful what y'all wish for.. I personally want to keep an elected sheriff we as the citizens can vote them out if we don't like there management style.
0 x

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:50 am

Exactly.

[quote="Anonymous"]Really so y'all want to be at the mercy of the county commissioners.. remember if PBSO went metro you wouldn't have one boss that you good get rid of after four years but one guy who has to bend his back to the county commissioners. Furthermore, they will approve our contracts not the Sheriff. The citizens of Dade hate not having an elected sheriff and the County Commissioners made them take pay cuts... be careful what y'all wish for.. I personally want to keep an elected sheriff we as the citizens can vote them out if we don't like there management style.[/quote]
0 x

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:55 am

Yes I want a Metro Police Dept. The idea of the top law enforcement official being elected is out dated. Anyone can run for Sheriff, they don't have to be a Law Enforcement Officer. The Sheriff is responsible to no one, that is why PBSO budget is out of control. The taxpayers need accountability and have none right now. This is not the wild west anymore.
0 x

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:07 pm

The guy said the citizens of Miami Dade hate not having an elected Sheriff. Who is he kidding? Can I buy some of those mind altering drugs you are on? They must be good stuff
0 x

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:24 am

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!That's a selfish reonspse, I know. But he was so cool! So wonderful! He's going to leave a huge damn hole in the world around him, and I cannot help but mourn. So beautiful.((((Julie)))))
0 x

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:34 am

I feel that getting rid of the sheriff and going with a metro police department is a bad idea. The sheriff as an elected official answers only to the governer and not the local elected officials. He is able to keep th budget the way it should be. PBSO is severely understaffed as it is. Do I think there needs to be cuts made? Yes but only in certain areas which is hard to do when you can't even hire people on a massive scale. No matter who runs a police department or sheriffs office there will always be corruption. I would like you to find one department in this country that does not have corruption. Just my opinion and no I am not a deputy.
0 x

Re: Metropolitian Police Dept vs elected Sheriff

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:16 pm

Time to bring this concept up again. Our corrupt Sheriff and his appointed idiots at the top need to go. About time our county commissioners picked up their big boy pants and demanded accountability.
0 x

Return to “Palm Beach County Government”